Friday, January 29, 2010

It's Freezer Cooking Day!


Today is Day One of Freezer Cooking Day! I am splitting up the menu and will finish on Tuesday. If you have never made a meal ahead of time and froze it to be used for another day, you have to try it - it it soooo great! A couple of weeks ago I formulated my Plan which included recipes, shopping list & my Freezer Day Worksheet (more on that later)...


Today I will be making 6 meals:

2 Chicken Pot Pies
1 Baked Ziti
1 Baked Meatballs
2 Servings of Taco Meat





It's 9 am and I'm off to a good start: 3 lbs of hamburger is cooking, chicken is boiling & potatoes are browning nicely...I've also got 4 pie crusts out thawing...

Stay Tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome! Today I'm cooking up 2 pounds of beans that I started soaking last night, homemade flour tortillas, and possibly some crock pot chicken. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I haven't tried making my own beans yet. I think I'm afraid they'd turn out too mushy or two hard! Let me know how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete