Friday, January 29, 2010

Freezer Cooking...Meatballs & Inventive Freezer Storage!




Ok, so I think the break and caffeine worked! As I was mixing together my meatloaf/meatball recipe - which is made with ground turkey - I realized that they weren't binding together like I had invisioned...so, I added another 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs...still not like hamburger meatballs. So, I thought, why not use an ice cream scoop and scoop them into lined muffin tins? Will it work? It's worth a try...otherwise these meatballs will become a meat "loaf"!

Scroll down to see the results....











I love it when a plan comes together!! Sorry, I had to say it! A little throwback to the 80's and the "A-Team" :~)

2 comments:

  1. I have a question...Did you bake them in the muffin tins, and then freeze them, or did you just prepare them to be cooked and freeze them?
    I'm new to this freezer cooking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am not going to bake them until I need them. I am leaving them in the Muffin Tin till they are completely frozen and then I will transfer them to another container. I'm new to freezer cooking too but I'm learning a lot from all the great blogs out there!

    ReplyDelete